Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Is this the summer season or the sad season?

My efforts at getting a good break have come to nothing, it appears. That was especially sad because I usually tend to treat those lows as big personal failures. Be that as it may, life goes on. But dont let that news worry you, here are a few news worthy things that you might be interested in.

a) YSL left for heavenly above last week. I am a few galaxies away from fashion and I must admit I dont understand the fuss that some of this clothing creates but well, I am sure they are very precious and represent the best of artistic genius. Might interest you to know that YSL was placed at the helm of Christian Dior at the age of just 21. Amazing.

b) My downloads have taken a bit of a detour towards Devotional and English Classical. So lots of Bach, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Beethowen and their ilk making their way into my collection as are artistes like Krishna Das, Mandolin Srinivas, M Balamuralikrishna & Anup Jalota.

Song of the day: Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi - Kylie Minogue.
One of the first Stock Aitken Waterman hits that I ever heard and got me completely hooked. My musical tastes have travelled far from those days but this song, despite its chocolate sound and schoolboy lyrics, is something that I really like. Kylie, ofcourse, has come a long way from being that shy neighbor-ish girl to become this sexy sytle icon that she now is. That image has only got better with her hitting 40 and her widely publicized fight against breast cancer.

No comments: